Car accidents often happen in the blink of an eye. Sometimes, they’re particularly damaging, and people are critically injured as a result. Even in low-speed collisions, it’s common for those involved to be in a brief state of shock. That said, it’s always best to have a plan in place for these accidents, as doing so can ensure you get the medical care you need and maximize your chances of recovering compensation in a personal injury claim. Please continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable Los Angeles, California car accident lawyer to learn more about what to do after a car accident and how our legal team can help if you’ve been hurt in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What steps should I take after being involved in a car accident?
If you’re injured in a car accident, you should take the following steps, if possible:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. They will send emergency services to treat your injuries as well.
- Get the other driver’s insurance information and take a picture of their license plate. Be polite, but don’t apologize.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle.
- Once you receive medical treatment, keep copies of the documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Hire a competent personal injury lawyer who can help you gather and present evidence to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim. As long we can prove that you were hurt as a direct result of someone else’s negligence, you should be entitled to compensation.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in the state of California?
In the state of California, those seeking financial compensation for wrongfully sustained injuries are required to file their personal injury claims within two years of the date their accident occurred. Waiting longer than two years will likely disqualify them from filing a claim altogether. If you’ve been hurt due to no fault of your own and you need a lawyer to represent you, look no further than LA Legal Solutions. Our firm has extensive experience representing victims of negligence in the state of California, and we are here to represent you as well. Contact us today so we can get started working on your case.