Here at Los Angeles Legal Solutions, we are committed to defending and protecting workers’ rights. Employment law covers many different aspects of the relationship between employees, employers, and the government. The primary purposes of employment law are to prevent discrimination, promote health and safety, establish a minimum level of economic support, and prevent work disruptions.
Employment Lawyer Serving Los Angeles, California | Our Legal Services
We handle a variety of employment law cases at Los Angeles Legal Solutions. These can include:
- Class Actions: When multiple employees experience the same workplace violation, they can join together and file a class-action lawsuit against the employer. At Los Angeles Legal Solutions, we handle several different types of employment class actions, including those over wage and hour and meal/rest break violations.
- Discrimination: Employers cannot discriminate against you due to your race, religion, sex, age, or disability.
- Fair Employment and Housing Act Claims: California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibit employers from discriminating against job applicants and employees due to a protected category or for retaliating against them because they have asserted their legal rights.
- Fair Labor Standards Act Wage Claims: The Fair Labor Standards Act established a national minimum wage of $7.25 and covers other issues involving wages, like overtime and child labor. California has its own standards based upon the FLSA that employers must follow.
- Workplace Sexual Harassment: At Los Angeles Legal Solutions, we stand with workplace sexual harassment victims, and we strive to ensure that perpetrators do not go unpunished. You can rely on an employment lawyer from our firm to effectively fight for the justice you deserve.
- Misclassification of Employees: The misclassification of employees occurs when employers label workers as independent contractors. This practice allows them to avoid paying taxes and covering employees on insurance.
- Wrongful Termination: If an employee is fired illegally, or for reasons that violate company or public policy, then they have been wrongfully terminated.
If you’re facing any of the aforementioned issues, you can rely on the legal team right here at our firm to fight, tooth and nail, for the best outcome possible on your behalf.
Contact Los Angeles Legal Solutions
Victims of unlawful or unethical acts in the workplace deserve a strong legal advocate who truly cares about their future. Fortunately, you’ve just found that advocate right here at Los Angeles Legal Solutions. Contact us today, and we will start fighting alongside you to get the results you deserve.